- Grated zest of 1 large orange
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cups LOTUS' Soyabean Oil
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 4 ozs LOTUS® Icing Sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup LOTUS' Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 cup IBIS" All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp LION BRAND" Baking Powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl, blend together orange zest, icing sugar and cream cheese. Stir well and refrigerate.
2. In a large bowl combine lemon juice, milk, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla. Whisk and then add the remaining ingredients. Stir until well combined.
3. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pans (about 5"x 3"x 2"). Bake for 50-60 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean. You may need to bake longer if using only one loaf pan.
4. Allow to cool, cut in 1/2" thick slices and spread with Orange Cream Cheese Spread.
Leave a Reply