- 2 cups drained pigeon peas
- 1 large carrot diced
- 2 cups LOTUS. parboiled rice, washed and drained
- 2 tbsp. browning
- 1 pack good N' natural' coconut milk (diluted)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. green seasoning (blended garlic, thyme, pimento pepper, celery)
- 1 tbsp. LOTUS SOYBEAN OIL"'
- 2 cloves grated garlic
1. In a large pot, heat oil add grated garlic and stir.
2. Stir in rice, add pigeon peas and browning. Stir to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pot.
3. Add good N' natural' coconut milk (mix coconut milk with 4 cups of water to dilute)
4. Add diced carrots, salt and pepper to taste, ketchup and green seasoning.
5. Cover pot and allow to boil, then lower heat, keep covered and let simmer until all liquid evaporates.
6. If additional cooking is required add water and allow cooking until rice grains are tender when squeezed.