- 1 tablespoon of Good N Natural whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon Lion Brand baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup / 5 oz uncooked rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 egg, room temperature-2/3 cup / 4 oz natural cane sugar.
1. Preheat oven to 350F / 180C
2. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
3. In a bowl, combine the Good N Natural Whole Wheat Flour, baking powder, salt, fennel and poppy seeds. Set aside.
4. Gently melt the butter in a saucepan. When melted, remove from heat and stir in the oats. Stir until well coated.
5. In a large bowl, whisk the sugar with the egg until it is the consistency of a creamy icing
6. Whisk the flour mixture in, and then add the oats. Stir until combined,
7. Drop, a level tablespoon at a time, onto the prepared baking sheets, at least 2 inches apart.
8. Bake until very deeply golden, about 8-10 minutes.
9. Remove and let sit for a few minutes, then transfer to a rack to continue cooling.